Thomas Jefferson Quotes and Sayings

Here you can find the best collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous Thomas Jefferson quotes and Thomas Jefferson sayings, and Thomas Jefferson proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson

"Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life."

Thomas Jefferson

"Liberty is the great parent of science and of virtue; and a nation will be great in both always in proportion as it is free."

Thomas Jefferson

"Too old to plant trees for my own gratification, I shall do it for my posterity."

Thomas Jefferson

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."

Thomas Jefferson

"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness."

Thomas Jefferson

"Every generation needs a new revolution."

Thomas Jefferson

"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself."

Thomas Jefferson

"Information is the currency of democracy."

Thomas Jefferson

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost."

Thomas Jefferson

"The man who stops advertising to save money is like the man who stops the clock to save time."

Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Thomas Jefferson

"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden."

Thomas Jefferson

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

Thomas Jefferson

"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family."

Thomas Jefferson

"My only fear is that I may live too long. This would be a subject of dread to me."

Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government."

Thomas Jefferson

"The purpose of government is to enable the people of a nation to live in safety and happiness. Government exists for the interests of the governed, not for the governors."

Thomas Jefferson

"Governments constantly choose between telling lies and fighting wars, with the end result always being the same. One will always lead to the other."

Thomas Jefferson

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%."

Thomas Jefferson

"An enemy generally says and believes what he wishes."

Thomas Jefferson

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also."

Thomas Jefferson

"I’m a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Thomas Jefferson

"To every obstacle oppose patience, perseverance and soothing language."

Thomas Jefferson

"The earth belongs to the living, not to the dead."

Thomas Jefferson

"If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done."

Thomas Jefferson

"The sovereign invigorator of the body is exercise, and of all the exercises walking is the best."

Thomas Jefferson

"We never repent of having eaten too little."

Thomas Jefferson

"Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."

Thomas Jefferson

© 2018 Quotm - Innovative by Nature. Powered by Wrestling